[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Monster Called Futurity

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:59:14 EST

O.k, my $.02 and probably what it's worth.   My first litter, I'm definitely
a newby, year 2000.   Loved the idea of the futurity, had never attended one
(actually never attended a specialty show until this litter!), but nominated
the litter, loved the idea of showing my littermates, entered 4 of them in 2
different shows, showed 3 of them. The first show, a pup that I sold won First
Wood in her large teenage class, and if there was a reserve that year!.  Gave
the wood to the owner, but got a picture of it, still, framed!   The next show,
got 2 3rd Woods, they are in a place of honor.   (Didn't get name breeders
knocking down my doors because of my fantastic litter, though LOL)
A couple years later,   a co-owned bitch got 1st wood (small class, but "as
they say" quality filled, all three of them LOL), and my boy brought home 2nd
wood from a bigger class.   No rush to co-own, get a breeding, etc., etc.

Point being, I LOVE my Plaques, ANd NOBODY is going to take them from me,
What an honor to be judged in this great group and win placements!!!!!

 But as far as being a breeder's showcase?   I don't think so anymore.   I
think they are publicity for future shows, for the National, for the pictures,
and maybe some other areas, I hadn't heard of.   I was careful and the expense
wasn't too bad, but for some people, it's outrageous, and unfortunately, that
outrageous cost sometimes brings the results.

FireResistant suit being worn for awhile
Stormy
www.FairhopeGSD.com