[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Koehler Method

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:54:46 -0700 (PDT)

Bill Koehler was the only person I have ever met who kicked an owner out of a
class for being unfair to her dog. She was inconsistent and did not praise the
dog in a timely manner. I will always remember his "Praise Delayed is Praise
Denied".  You learned to be fair to your dog - and nothing less was accepted.

He fully believed in educating the dog before correcting the dog - something
way too many people who train via his books seem to ignore.

Ruth