[ SHOWGSD-L ] The AB debate

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightor@xxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:54:15 -0800

This old argument has gone on for years and always leaves behind many hurt
feelings among our German Shepherd lovers.  It is time for all to reflect
that many of the top so called specialty judges also do AB shows.  I should
know since all my Champions have both major and minor points from them.  Am
I ashamed of my Champions.  Like h---!! I remeber when Torrey won the
Pacific Coast Championship trophy that the San Diego Club gives every year.
Dave Renke was the judge and I remember the silence when he won after all as
one voice was heard saying" he's an AB Champion"  Well I will still match my
Torrey and his brothers and sisters and their offspring against anything in
Specialties.  I learned very early in the game that those shows were not
always on the up and up.  Not because my dogs did not win but because of
what the ringside was so freely saying.  Boy am I glad I am retired from
showing and breeding.  We are never going to bring new blood in as long as
we continue to have these demeaning discussions.  Other breed people always
questioned why our people never stayed around for groups like they did.
Makes you wonder doesn't it.  We are supposed to love the breed...all of
them and all of us.
Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, CA