[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thank you all

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:24:19 -0700

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time
to send your condolences my way with so much feeling, poems, and even
translations I will always treasure. Sharing your happiness is twice as
good, but sharing your sadness makes you be able to bear your loss much more
because you know you all have been there and cried over so many wonderful
dogs that have left you. I do appreciate this so much.
In retrospect I would like to say this: My boy died of tortion. The vet
confirmed it. I have never seen nor have had tortion ever before in my 40
some years that I have been in GS's. But when I saw it I knew what it was
right away from listening and reading about it. Just the word alone makes me
shudder because it's just like a death certificate you cannot escape. I
wished that some scientist would be able to pinpoint this disease so that it
cannot take away our beautiful animals before their time. In this case I
believe it was stress as I had 2 bitches in heat, although kept away from
him, he knew. There was no change in food, medication or anything else that
could have caused it. He was very healthy for his 10 years. Now he is gone
and I have to accept it.

Lee F.