[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tartar

  • From: "Holly Woods" <hollywoods@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:43:55 -0700

I have an obedience client that got a German Shepherd from a shelter. We had
our first lesson on Sunday and everything went well.
My question is.. this dog has what the vet told the girl was tartar and to
brush the dogs teeth. It is green on both sides and all along the dogs gums.
The girl told me she brushes it and it all comes right off and is back the next
day. It bothers the dog a lot.She rubs the side of her face on the ground. The
girl said she turns her kind of sideways to chew. It looks like the teeth dont
line up correctly but have any of you ever seen tartar like that? Comes off
that easily and comes right back and bothers the dog that badly? Im thinking
something else is going on but thought I would ask if any of you have ever seen
it.
Thanks for any info I can pass on to her

Holly Woods