[ SHOWGSD-L ] Taking the time...

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSDCA Showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:14:39 -0700

A few weeks ago my obedience class had a get together at a large open park.
Our class was large that day. People at the park usually line up & watch the
dogs work. When the class was finished a young father was approaching a few
of the dogs/handlers with his 5 year old & asking if his boy, Sean could pet
one of the dogs. Three of my class members walked away from him saying,
"Sorry not today!" As I watched all of this I saw the little boys face come
to tears. I know at that age how I loved animals & begged strangers if I
could touch their dog, horse or whatever. So I yelled to them, "Hey, you can
pet my shepherd Koda if you want!" I made that little boys face light up
like a light. He wrapped his arms around Koda & said, "Thank You!" It was
adorable. The father thanked me a number of times for taking my time with
them it meant that much. I love doing that. Especially when I have a GSD
that is so awesome to work with. That's when you're really proud of your
breed.

Kathy Partch "JoKay's"