[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: TX HB 1451 bill regulating dog & cat breeders

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 15:17:21 -0500 (EST)

And I have already heard as soon as the rules go in place, they are looking
 at 3 intact bitches......which we knew would happen.   The first  ground
rules will only be the stomping ground for the bigger punch to  come.  Don't
think you are immune if you don't live in this state.
Molly

In a message dated 3/1/2012 1:35:00 P.M. Central Standard Time,
texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Currently at the meeting in Austin. The two breeders on the  advisory
committee don't have any input because they are required to be  licensed
breeders
and they can't be licensed breeders until 9/1 when the bill  goes into
effect. We are screwed big time because there is no specific  exemption for
conformation dogs. If you think this bill doesn't apply to you  because you
don't have 11 intact bitches think again. The bill can always be  amended with
lower limit. We still have a chance when the bill goes before  the
commission for public comment. THLN and the HSUS was here, where were  you?