[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE HILTON & SPECIAL RATES

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sherry Nolan" <willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Pdragon4@xxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 19:09:07 -0500

I have been reading the posts about hotels etc. I know that some are
against having 3-4 sites to rotate through for the National, as some see it
as a vacation and enjoy traveling to a variety of places. I can appreciate
this, however what is happening currently in CO with these hotels, the
rates where they are located, is precisely why I think having sites we are
familiar with, where there is little to no guess work with the hotels, the
site, the restaurants, and the surroundings is the wise thing to do. if I
were traveling without dogs, I wouldn't mind the X-factor, but with dogs, I
like to know the lay of the land. I think when you are traveling with dogs
there is a degree of anxiety when it comes to the unknown. We can all think
of shows we enjoy returning to and the reason is that the hotels are
accommodating, the rates are reasonable, the location and surrounding
restaurants are good, there is plenty of grass for the dogs and the show
site is great. many return even if the judges might not be favorable for
their dogs, just because they enjoy the show. . As far as the Hilton. I ran
into a similar problem at a St. Louis hotel, the club rate rooms were gone,
but I spoke with a manager and did end up with the club rate, perhaps the
same would work with the Hilton. In short we in my opinion need 3-4 sites,
book them out way in advance perhaps to even secure a better rate. I
believe this was Joan's intention and I feel it was and still is a good
idea. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

Residence
> Marriott....I have had it with the Hilton!
>

> Sherry
> Willowlake
>

> .

> More photos, more messages, more storage?get 2GB with Windows Live
Hotmail.

http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migratio
n_HM_mini_2G_0507