[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sunny California, who are we kidding?

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:16:20 EST

Ok, I decide to brave the cold winter snow and rain in sunny CA and attend
the Apple Valley KC show.  I left home at 5:30am for an 8am ring time.  It's
only 100 miles, that's plenty of time even conditions are questionable, right?
take the backroads because it's what I know.  Things are going great.
Freeways salted, sanded, whatever they do in SoCal.  The first little 2 lane
highway
is a mess.  But, no traffic so we're good.  Get to the second highway and an
accident.  No biggie, we'll go around.  NOBODY would move until the Highway
Patrol got there.  Geesh.  Long story, short, I missed my 8am ring time.  Then
they closed the roads I had just traveled.
Ok, no problem, I brought another dog for a Junior.  They don't show til 1pm.
 Roads should be clear by the time I go home.  They were til I hit the main
freeway going home, then heavy rain and slush.  Californians just don't know
how to drive in this stuff.

The show itself was a challenge.  45mph winds, cold and outdoors, since this
is SoCal.  Last year it was so hot we were running AC's.  Yikes, where is
spring?  OTOH, I got to see an anomaly in SoCal, snow in the desert.  The dogs
got
to play in the snow and it was an adventure.  Had flashbacks to my youth in
the midwest.  But, I don't want to do it again.  Global warming?  I think not,
LOL!

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/