[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Subliminal Message

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: BARBMARKH@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:39:11 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/2007 4:42:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
barbmarkh@xxxxxxx writes:
Wasn't  it Ken, while President who got in so much trouble when  he said to
count every ballot, even those that were not marked correctly, so   that as
many
votes as possible could be  counted?

The problem at that time was that we had switched to a different method of
voting for Judges.  People had to mark 1, 2, 3 instead of just a check or  an
x.  Unfortunately, many people did not read the instructions and as a  result
marked their ballots incorrectly.  After consulting with our legal  affairs
person, I believe Ken decided that if possible the incorrectly marked  ballots
should be counted, i.e. if there was just one mark to indicate that was  a
person's first and only choice, that could count but if there were 3 x's,
there
was no way to tell who was first, second or third so it didn't  count.  After
the recount, the results were exactly the same.

Ken did what he should have done.  Unfortunately, what followed was an
election year with much nastiness.  Sound familiar?

Tish