[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Candidates - How I See It

  • From: "Gail Hardcastle" <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:39:16 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Margery Golant" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  There are two candidates for President.
> One is a highly experienced past president.  The other is a good and
> decent
> woman who has worked hard for our Club and who will, once things get back
> normal, be a good choice for GSDCA president - AFTER this mess is cleaned
> up.

With due respect Margy,

I have been criticized for being not strong enough. I have been told by some
that "they" will run all over me.  I have been praised for being hard
working and decent. That does NOT make a good President.

What has been left out is this:
I am strong, opinionated and politically savvy. NO ONE will run over me. I
run on NO slate.  I respectfully reject your kind implications that I will
make a better President later. I will not back down under pressure from the
opposition.  I will not bow out because of my lifestyle. I am in NO camp. I
am exactly what this Club needs at this time. We need a strong leader that
will avoid controversy.  We need a strong leader who will unite our
membership. We need a strong leader who will not tolerate or listen to BS.
We need a problem solver who will intercede before there are charges
brought.

I was owner of two very successful businesses for 30 years. I had 30
employees. I have served on the Board for five terms. My only regret is not
being strong when charges were brought against you Margy.  I have voiced my
apology to you and myself and others. My only intent is to have a
hard-working Board with peace and respect. If you think that makes me
incapable to leading you have another thought coming.

I am in this to win. I am strong, confident and sure that everyone has made
up their minds who to vote for.  If you think your choice is more qualified
that is your right. But to imply that I am NOT MUST be corrected.

I offer you these thoughts:

"Servant leadership is a practical philosophy focusing on people who choose
to serve first and then lead as a way of expanding service. Servant leaders
are "servants first" with the object of making sure that other people's
highest priority needs are being served.

Bridging leadership concentrates on fostering synergy and reinforcing
behavior and motivation through the use of communication to create a climate
of trust and confidence. Through the projection of confidence on the face of
a difficult challenge.

Purposeful leadership is established when a leader and the community share a
common purpose to develop or provide the drive, authority and commitment to
undertake projects.

From these given leadership strategies, one could choose and apply to make a
difference in improving quality and change in various organization she
serves."

I rest my case and offer my phone number. 509-493-2114  I am home and will
be happy to talk to anyone as I have in the past and will in the future.

Gail