[ SHOWGSD-L ] Subject: Re: Constant Contact Account

  • From: gretchanya@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:53:07 -0500

 Stormy is correct. You can send 3500+ emails and they will not be considered
spam. Depends on content, though, not the number.
The GSDCA did have a constant contact account. I am not sure if they still do,
but the last time I was notified of something by the GSDCA, it came via that
account.
I love Constant Contact for the reasons that Stormy noted below. It also tells
you who the email went to, if it was opened, what time, which links the
recipient followed from your email, who did not get the email and why (mailbox
full, email address blocked, etc.).
The company offers an excellent tool. I particularly like the ability to design
the emails (called newsletters) any way I wish.

I realize, as others have already mentioned, that not all GSDCA members have
email. Constant Contact is but one tool that the club has used in the past to
notify us of news. I am not sure why it wasn't used to notify people of the
so-called "futurity stimulus package," but I am sure that Gail and Kathaleen
have good reason.

-------------------------------------

From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually, you can send it out as regular emails, but it's more effective and
easier to control through an emailer website. ?Becky could probably be the best
person to know about the emailers. ?But I just really like the reports
afterwards, telling you how many "got there" how many bounced and the reason
for
bouncing, how many OPENED the email. ?And of course, the fun of composing the
email as a newsletter:-)
(I sent out about 3000 through my aol account some months ago. ?500 at a time.
?it was a mess with the bounces coming back through my account)

Another service that I'll be ramping up soon again is the on line fax service.
?You don't have to have a telephone, it goes email to a server, then
transferred
automatically to another server close to the phone # to which you are sending
the fax. ?THEN transfers to a regular phone line (local) and there you go.
?FAXED.

Becky T. Dickson
www.gretchanya.com
www.gsdbydesign.com