[ SHOWGSD-L ] Stud Fee charges response for Barbara and all.

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "GSD Show Group" <Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:10:48 -0500

Due to the many things involved in finding and negotiating travel and so many
obstacles when I'd be
wanting to breed so long ago, I felt that the "iffy ness" of the entire ordeal
for the bitch as well as all
involved in this endeavor --- I felt it best to have my own fellow (s)!
I always felt that at least 2 males as I'd be able to handle both, being young
(ha) and my family was
helping, success in conception, due to the non stress of travel etc. plus they
are all on familiar territory
I noticed a higher percentage of all needed for breeding -- my own!  Yes, I'd
had people wanting
to use my fellows at stud, but I was careful big time of what bitches visited
for same.  I'd rather not have
outside business, but it was always with, as another breeder herein mentioned
"private treaty" mostly a
puppy back to help the folks or a modest fee depending on the "market" at the
time etc.

Now, German imports are and should be a bit more than our Amercan homebreds, I
THINK, because I
know the big time expense a person must dole out just to get this guy here ---
BUT --- for that reason,
unless this stud is proven and has titles etc., he's not too much different
than, as we all know and love,
our homebred fellows.      However, and I am of German blood myself, I DO know
that unless you have
someone with thorough knowledge of the kennels and dogs over there to help,
like I'd trust David Landau
or someone of experience in that country, Germany doesn't always give up her
best.  So we need to be
a bit careful what we are looking at for a Daddy or even a Mom in our breeding
plans.  Everyone has a
different aspect tho, and I understand and respect this as it should be.   What
bothers me at this time
is what is happening with the MUTTS being produced and the high prices folks
are getting for them so
much more than our registered dogs.  Some breeds were, like our GSDs have a
background of CARE
in working for a specific goal of a special use and purpose.   Just a fine GSD
stud, proven, should
be, in this day and age, at least what a puppy (pet quality) will bring, which
is usually what is used as
an example for the charge --- $500 isn't a huge amount to put out for - as I'd
told folks -- an investment
for - if all goes well - at least to last around 10 years.   Hope this helps &
isn't too long.     Norma no L