[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Safeguard 10% suspension dosage

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: eaglerockgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:14:46 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/2007 2:04:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
eaglerockgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I've  finally decided to graduate from the Safeguard canine granules to the
Safeguard cattle 10% suspension liquid as I have a girl who will not eat the
granules no matter what it is mixed with.   I understand the dosage  is 1cc
per 5#, which makes an 80# dog require 16 cc's.    How awful  does this stuff
taste?

Just curious, what are you worming for and is there a reason you  don't want
to use a heart worm chewable like interceptor or heartguard?  Or  a wormer
specifically for tapes or whips if that's the issue?  (I worm for  tapes 2x a
year because my dogs eat baby bunnies, but I use a product  specifically for
dogs).

Using liquid meant for cattle, not knowing if they got it all, (16cc is a
lot), in fact using something not formulated for the species you are using it
on...it all scares me to death.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds