[ SHOWGSD-L ] Stand up and be noticed

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:30:46 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/2005 9:14:30 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Evan
Please explain how we can help correct a problem when no one  will tell what
the problem is-

Since Sally directed this to me, I will answer it as best I  can.

I do not know what the problem is. I do know that Gail works  full time for
the club, and she is a quality editor with the ability to do the  great job
that she is doing. I also know we can't continue with the late  delivery of the
magazine, and that continuing to complain is doing no  good.

I do feel we can and should demand of our board to resolve the  problem.  I
know the board members, and each of them, and know they are not  satisfied with
what is going on. I also know them to be strong determined people  who can
and will find an answer. Maybe we need to insist on them taking on the
problem,
and insist that they resolve it.  We, the members have the right  and the
obligation to pick up a telephone and talk to our board members, and ask  them
what they are doing?  If we don't get the answers we expect, we have  the right
and the duty to let them know that.

I have always admired and had faith in the board, and continue  to do so. I
haven't personally gotten involved due to my faith in those we  elected to
solve the problem. I still feel that way.  If any board members  who asked
about
the problem  is not given a direct answer, it is up to them  to insist on it.
It may not be a popular thing to do, but they are our voice in  the running of
our club, and they have always represented us as best they  can.  They will
continue to do so.  Showing our dissatisfaction on  this List is not going to
do
much, we have board members, we have their phone  numbers, we see them at the
shows, and we need to let them know that we expect  them to solve the
problems of our club.

I believe they will do so.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together