[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: St. Bernard Parish

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:45:38 -0400 (EDT)

" PETA  guerillas
were
running around the perimeter of the show with two way  radios, peering
into
crates and being very evasive when questioned"

But how do you know they were from PETA? That was what I asked. Was it
assumption?

Please know that I am not a PETA "supporter" of many things they do. Just
wondering if those people could have been from rescues or the SPCA or other
org's wondering about the dog's. LA is hot and dogs in crates? That could be
other people. As well, show people themselves have been known to do nasty
things? It's not like we all don't know those things happen....

Colleen
Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 9/10/2005 6:52:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I think the "letting the dogs out of the crates" has run it's course?
> Can you supply proof of that?

Actually yes, a year ago at the local specialty (LA) PETA guerillas were
running around the perimeter of the show with two way radios, peering into
crates and being very evasive when questioned.. I had one person whom Nitro and
challenged with a "What the F*** are you doing?" ()Nitro bless his heart, was
all spit and teeth) say that they were a "concerned organization" wanting to
"ensure the well being of dogs subjected to showing "... Nitro ran him off,
and once the rest of us were "hip" to it, they regathered and left, the
cowards, into the greater area. We ever since have NEVER left crates unwatched,
EVER.
Kathy

Finest in American Show & German Importing

WEBSITE UPDATED: SEPT 9, 2005
_Victory German Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

The only way to understand & estimate the nature of the dog is to study his
whole development. Such a task requires a sympathetic, dog-loving observer, who
tries as far as possible to enter into the innermost mind of the dog, and who
will know how to short-circuit all his purely human points of view. --Max von
Stephanitz

Whoever will only draw conclusions from the eminence of his own particular
point of view, will obtain a distorted picture. --Max von Stephanitz

http://mail.yahoo.com