[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Specialty closed .... maxed out entries

  • From: "Joan Fox" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'showgsd' <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'Theresa-GSD Stolz' <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 09:53:46 +0000 (UTC)

|  |

 AKC Exhibitor News   Four-to-Six Month Puppy
 The Four-to-Six Month Puppy competition will be open to dogs that are at least
four months of age but under six months on the day of the event. Classes will
be offered for AKC recognized breeds and varieties as well as Miscellaneous and
FSS breeds. Professional handlers are not permitted to exhibit in this class.

Entrants in the Four-to-Six Month Puppy class will compete for Best of Breed
and Best of Opposite Sex to Best of Breed. Group and Best in Show Puppy
competition will also be offered.

 Four-to-Six Month Puppy competition will take place in a separate ring(s) from
the regular class judging in order to avoid delays in the judging of regular
classes. Classes will not be divided by sex in this competition.

 Open Show
 An Open Show is an informal American Kennel Club sanctioned conformation event
at which dog clubs, judges, stewards, and exhibitors and their dogs gain
experience needed for licensed events.

 All-breed clubs must offer classes for all registerable breeds and varieties
and for purebred dogs of any breed eligible for entry in the Miscellaneous
Class and all FSS recordable breeds.

 Classes offered include:
     •     4-6 Month Puppy Class
     •     6-9 Month Puppy Class
     •     9-12 Month Puppy Class
     •     Open Class  Licensed and member clubs may hold two sanctioned Open
Shows each year in addition to their two championship shows.

 Certificate of Merit (CM)
Certificate of Merit points can be earned in the Four-to-Six Month Puppy class
at a regular all-breed or specialty show, at an Open Show and in Miscellaneous
classes. The Certificate of Merit, a suffix title, requires 15 points awarded
in accordance with the following point structure.

 Dogs Competing     Points
     •     2                       1
     •     4                       2
     •     8                       3
     •     12                     4
     •     16                     5
AKC Owner/Handler Series
The AKC Owner/Handler Series will showcase owner handled dogs at well attended
dog shows geographically distributed across the country. The AKC Owner/Handler
competition will be conducted following Best of Breed judging in each breed
ring. All dogs in the BOB competition (including WD & WB) will stay in the ring
after the judge makes their placements in BOB competition.The ring steward will
ask all professional handlers to leave the ring and then judge will then select
the Best Owner Handler (BOH).

For the complete rules and regulations for the Four-to-Six Month Puppy Class,
Open Show and Owner/Handler Competition, please visit here. The regulations
begin on page 13.

If you have questions about hosting these events, please the AKC Events
department at (919) 816-3514 or glt@xxxxxxx. Joan F. Fox17500 Haskins
Rd.Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023tel: 440-759-4119http://www.campaignersgsds.com

     On Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:15 AM, Carolyn Martello
<marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Re: Specialty closed .... maxed out entriesHi Theresa;I'm not sure I would
consider the Wall Street Journal to be any kind of authority on whyone Canine
Breed wins over another.....?   Also...seen too many 'slick coat' breeds like
Boxers win to buy that theory about plush coats....and sometimes they ALL seem
pretty much  "quick stepping" to me.  <G>Also...I'm not sure what you mean by
"people are just not going to show unless there is a class for them"??   The
classes are set up pretty reasonable I think ....for dogs? What kind of class
do you mean that might be needed?
Two puppy classes...two 'kind of'  puppy classes.....Novice for the next
step.... Bred byExhibitor for exactly that...American Bred...pretty easy to
understand..and Open..againpretty easy to understand.   What other class would
bring in people in your opinion.Remember...this is a DOG SHOW.   It's to JUDGE
DOGS!   It's not for judging PEOPLE....?I honestly cannot think of another
class that would bring in new people for a dog show?  Carolyn
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-On Behalf Of Theresa-GSD Stolz
(Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)] Re: Specialty closed
due to maxed out entriesHere is where I got the information...only own GSDs not
Labs.http://www.businessinsider.com/why-labradors-never-win-best-in-show-2013-2Message
 below of wrote...Well the Labs are AKC No 1 and the GSD No 2 so why do
theGSD's not have more attending Shows?The reason probably is due to Labs are
showed by breeders, pet ownersas they are family pets or hunting dogs. The Lab
has never been Best of Showat the Westminster but the GSD has won.The German
Shepherd is known to be shown by handlers owned by breeders, with several being
judges for the Specialty or All-Breed Shows. It is just how itis so people are
not going to show unless there is a class for them to which Idoubt will happen.
The Juniors seem not to get the support they should saw at theGSDCA Nationals
they showed during lunch. There was a person there that broughtmy attention to
this. If GSDCA members want more GSDs in attendance at shows they need to
offersomething to bring them in. I do not believe it was always like this as I
remember years agoit was different.Theresascenecrest.geo@yahoo.comOn Fri,
1/16/15, dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Specialty closed due to maxed out entriesYou should
look no further than the statement below at to why entries are  down and no new
people coming in GSDs.  That is a terrible attitude to have  towards other
exhibitors.  Granted the GSD did win (and I think only once)  Westminster. The
terrier breeds have won Westminster more than any others  breeds. Does that
make them superior to all other breeds. I think NOT> I  would bet the Lab
people would love to address this statement.  Lee Brown Too far from the womb
and too close to the tomb to  care about what anyone thinks of me.
lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx  In a message dated 1/16/2015 3:42:59 P.M. Central Standard
Time,  dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes: The    reason probably is due to
Labs are showed by breeders, pet owners as they    are family pets or hunting
dogs. The Lab has never been Best of Show at the    Westminster but the GSD has
won.     =========================POST is Copyrighted 2015.  All material
remains the property of the original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO
REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of
both the original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. For assistance, please contact the List
Management at admin@showgsd.orgVISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/=========================