[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Specialty closed .... maxed out entries

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'showgsd'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Theresa-GSD Stolz'" <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 23:14:24 -0800

Hi Theresa;
I'm not sure I would consider the Wall Street Journal to be any kind of
authority on why
one Canine Breed wins over another.....?   Also...seen too many 'slick coat'
breeds like
Boxers win to buy that theory about plush coats....and sometimes they ALL
seem pretty
 much  "quick stepping" to me.  <G>
Also...I'm not sure what you mean by   "people are just not going to show
unless there
is a class for them"??   The classes are set up pretty reasonable I think
....for dogs?
What kind of class do you mean that might be needed?
Two puppy classes...two 'kind of'  puppy classes.....Novice for the next
step.... Bred by
Exhibitor for exactly that...American Bred...pretty easy to understand..and
Open..again
pretty easy to understand.   What other class would bring in people in your
opinion.
Remember...this is a DOG SHOW.   It's to JUDGE DOGS!   It's not for judging
PEOPLE....?
I honestly cannot think of another class that would bring in new people for
a dog show?

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

-On Behalf Of Theresa-GSD Stolz (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx"
for DMARC)] Re: Specialty closed due to maxed out entries

Here is where I got the information...only own GSDs not Labs.

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-labradors-never-win-best-in-show-2013-2

Message below of wrote...

Well the Labs are AKC No 1 and the GSD No 2 so why do the
GSD's not have more attending Shows?

The reason probably is due to Labs are showed by breeders, pet owners
as they are family pets or hunting dogs. The Lab has never been Best of Show
at the Westminster but the GSD has won.

The German Shepherd is known to be shown by handlers owned by breeders,
with several being judges for the Specialty or All-Breed Shows. It is just
how it
is so people are not going to show unless there is a class for them to which
doubt will happen. The Juniors seem not to get the support they should saw
at the
GSDCA Nationals they showed during lunch. There was a person there that
brought
my attention to this. If GSDCA members want more GSDs in attendance at shows
they need to offer
something to bring them in. I do not believe it was always like this as I
remember years ago
it was different.

Theresa
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx

On Fri, 1/16/15, dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Specialty closed due to maxed out entries

You should look no further than the statement below at
 to why entries are
 down and no new people coming in GSDs.  That is a
 terrible attitude to have
 towards other exhibitors.  Granted the GSD did win (and
 I think only once)
 Westminster. The terrier breeds have won Westminster more
 than any others
 breeds. Does that make them superior to all other breeds. I
 think NOT> I
 would bet the Lab people would love to address this
 statement.

 Lee Brown
 Too far from the womb and too close to the tomb to
 care about what anyone thinks of me.
 lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx

 In a message dated 1/16/2015 3:42:59 P.M. Central
 Standard Time,
 dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
 The
   reason probably is due to Labs are showed by breeders, pet
 owners
 as they
   are family pets or hunting dogs. The Lab has never been
 Best of Show
 at the
   Westminster but the GSD has won.

=========================POST is Copyrighted 2015.  All material remains the
property of the original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO
REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission
of both the original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS
RESERVED.

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html