[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Spay neuter contract and stud dogs

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cynthia Gialluca" <cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:57:31 -0500

Cindy,

Well, that was an honest answer. And I definitely have
to give it up to you and respect you for it! Thanks!  :)

Actually, this has been a pretty thought-provoking
conversation all the way around.

KMC
---
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:39:44 -0600, "Cynthia Gialluca"
<cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:=20

>You asked me a very tough question,  While you are on the list, I really=
=20
>dont know you.  In all honesty I know very few of the people on the list=
=20
>personally, and a few more by reputation.  Therefore I'd have to err on =
the=20
>side of caution.  That is my duty as a breeder.
>
>Now that doesnt mean I dont trust you.  the very fact that you are a =
member=20
>of the list and have had some great contributions is a major plus and =
would=20
>weigh on whatever decision I would make.  Would I sell you a show dog=20
>without the spay/neuter clause, in all probability yes.  Would I sell =
you a=20
>dog that while may not be a show dog, has no disqualifying faults and =
could=20
>make for good breeding stock, again in all probability yes, but we arent=
=20
>talking about show dogs or breeding stock, we are talking about pet =
puppies.

>In my last litter I had 2 with disqualifying faults those go on =
spay/neuter=20
>clauses, no matter what.  They'd go on Spay/neuter clauses to (pulling =
names=20
>out of the air here) Carolyn Martello, Barbara Amadon, Evan Ginsburg, =
all of=20
>whom I know by reputation, and theyd go the same way to Carol Moore, =
Mary=20