[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Something that definitely should be considered inregards to...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: paris-smith_k9s@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:21:05 -0400 (EDT)

I have an e-mail that went out to the board and committee members re dogs
who tested as carriers who were found to have DM at necropsy.  I am very
suspicious of the test the OFA recognizes until there is more  testing.
(Remember, carriers aren't supposed to get DM).  There is  another dog, also a
carrier, who will be tested/autopsied after he passes.

I have clipped a portion below:

"> I have talked to Dr. Hansen and she has informed me 2 GSD's that were
DM DNA tested as carriers came back with confirmed DM upon necropsy.>

So, no results have been mentioned on Coates web site, in relation to her
DM DNA Test as far as the carriers or clear GSDS developing DM. That is info
 that should be available to the public, especially in the light of the
tremendous disparity between the diagnostic test results of DM of the GSD and
DM  of the Corgi/Boxer, mentioned at the end of my email to the officers and
board  members of the GSDCA. The test results couldn't be more opposite-
they are just  poles apart. Doesn't anyone in the GSDCA know about DM????"

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 5/23/2012 3:30:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
paris-smith_k9s@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

DM is  still such a controversial disease that has many bewildered. They say
the  test is accurate but I do ask where is all the research statistics
that
prove the accuracy. I have a male who tested at risk and go back and  forth
on what I should do. Information like in the following link really  makes me
question the current tests. Would love to hear other opinions and  thoughts
on the subject. Keep it friendly  ;)

http://www.change.org/petitions/ofa-university-of-missouri-dna-dm-test-desig
nations

Tammy  Paris-Smith

www.noble-spirit-shepherds.com

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.