[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some Judges Should Keep Their Opinions To Themselves

  • From: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx
  • To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:30:51 EST

In a message dated 3/7/2010 10:02:56 AM Mountain Standard Time,
genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> He really hurt her feelings and I am sorry...but I think that he was way
> out of line. He did not have to say anything. My friend just left my house
> a few minutes ago and told me this and she looked at me and said " it makes
> you not ever want to go back and show any dogs ever again ". I think that
> judges should keep their opinions to themselves sometimes.
Amy and all......this IS a touchy subject, and one where both sides should
be considered.  Judges are elected to GIVE their opinion....that's what they
are there for.  Perhaps this judge could have been a bit more delicate in
stating his opinion, but just playing devil's advocate here, his intention
may have been to save this girl more disappointment and expense in showing a
dog that will continually lose, for whatever reason.
   I hope your friend will reconsider and continue to enjoy the sport of
dogs.  Please try to explain to her that it's always the "dog on the day" and
only one judge's opinion.  (Also try to explain that this sport requires a
relatively thick skin. <G>)
   Jamie
P.S.  I don't know who this judge was, so I'm not sticking up for anybody.