[ SHOWGSD-L ] Snowyriver's Black Pearl "Onyx"

  • From: "Elaine George" <bruiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:20:06 -0600

What sad news this is.  I read it on the "list" while I was home for
lunch and sent a quick note to Anna.  I needed a little more time for
this post because I didn't want to rush it.  I have a little story to
tell about Onyx.

Back in '04 Sergio told me about a bi-color bitch that Anna had.  He was
telling me about her because he knew I have a soft spot for bi-colors
(he was showing my bi-color male at the time).  He described her in such
a way that it sounded like a "fish story" to me.  You know, one that
just can't be true?  I kept hearing about her on and off, but it wasn't
until February of '05 that I got to meet Onyx and Anna.

Sergio and I were entering AJ in any shows that might have majors trying
to get that last one.  They were few and far in between during that
time.  The intel on the shows in Denver was that they were going to be
majors, and they were, so AJ and I jumped in the van and headed up there
to meet Sergio.  After getting lost (just a little) in Denver and then
getting lost again in the parking lot of the National Western Complex
(ever been there? Don't laugh) we finally made it inside and found
Sergio.  Well, there was Sergio and JR and there was a woman fairly
close by with a bi-color bitch that looked really nice.

So I go up to Sergio and ask him if he knows who they are?  And of
course Sergio says yes.  So I wait and when he's not forthcoming, I ask
who are they?  So he says that she's one of his clients.  Well to make
this part of the story short he finally told me that the woman's name is
Anna and the bitch is Onyx.  So them I asked about Onyx and after many
questions I finally got it out of Sergio that she is the Joe Black
daughter he had been telling me about.

Well let me tell you, he hadn't been telling me a "fish story" after
all.  Onyx was everything he had said and then some.  I was very
interested in finding a Joe Black daughter at the time and I knew that
Anna had bred the litter Onyx was from.  I finally talked to Anna and
asked her if she had any other show quality bitches from the litter
because I just knew that she wouldn't be interested in selling Onyx.
You just had to watch the two of them for a few minutes to know that.

I always thought Onyx was going to finish and go on to become a Select
Champion.  There was no reason she shouldn't have.  Those of you who saw
her in the ring know what I'm writing about.  Those who never saw her
have missed out on watching a really nice bitch.  It had to be a color
thing.  You who have had them know what I'm writing about; the bi-color
thing.  (Flame suit on now)  I am sure that if she had been a black and
tan, she would have finished her championship a long time ago and gone
on to do great things as a special.

Loosing such a nice bitch at an early age is such a terrible thing.  It
truly is a sad day.

-Bob George

Enchanted Vista, Home of:  CH Rocknoll Ajax Nike Clayfield CD, RN,
Alkay's Black Velvet, CH Jerrwen's Southern Belle, CH Jerrwen's
Georgiana HIC, Hi Dreams Allegra v. Regency, Enchanted's American
Anthem, and Enchanted's Big Gun v. Sunfarms, Member, GSDCA, ELPGSDC, CKC