[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Snow or SUN

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lfossland@xxxxxxx>, <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:27:22 -0700

Our kids believe it.    THEY DID IT!!!   <G>
Almost lost one for a moment in an under-snow stream that had accumulated
during the night with
a Chinook wind that was melting the snow underneath and we couldn't
tell.....YIKES!!
Grand Kids all go up to snow board and ski in the same area.........so THEY
BELIEVE IT!!   <G>

To make this dog related....the GSD coat is PERFECT in snow country as long as
it the correct
harsh coat and not the soft coats we are starting to see.    Long coats are a
nightmare as their coat
and any soft or silky coat gets balls of frozen snow on them and it is hard to
get it to melt off.   The
correct normal coats stay clean and dry in snow......two shakes and they are
dry .......and clean.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com