[ SHOWGSD-L ] Shocking

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:56:54 -0700

I didn't sleep well last night. You know, the brain is in gear and the
thoughts will not allow the sand man within 100 yards. So I got up (2
A.M.) and sent some email out that I was intending to do this morning,
then went back to bed about 5 A.M. At 6 A.M. our Elle decided to get
me up, standing over me and digging at the covers, now pulled up over
my face. In the process, she not only pulled the covers down but
dislodged the ice balls on her legs and paws, sending them delightedly
into the bed all around me.

There was no use staying in a bed of ice so I got up to discover  up
to a foot of new snow in the yard with dog tracks all over it
betraying the wonder of play time in the fresh snow. The invitiation
was that I join them to romp, dance and roll in the stuff and enjoy
the wonder of the moment. But, I declined this time. I am too old, too
sleepy and too cold to enjoy this stuff.

What I want to know is, do dogs play with this sense of abandon in
Hawaii, Southern California or Florida? I'm moving... at least today.
Tomorrow will be different!
Dave