[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sheree's post

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:01:00 -0400 (EDT)

Bless your heart if I ever needed a cheerleading coach I now know where to
look lol!  See below:

In a message dated 8/14/2013 11:02:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I do  not have the answers.

I know.

I believe what the Board did with the WGSD  was
correct.

No one can tell me how changing from a DQ to a very serious fault "helps"
the white breeder.

To run the discussion then off the rails as usual,  with
some..with  'OMG PANDAS, BLUES LIVERS, LIONS TIGERS AND  BEARS!     ' is a
waste of time.

Oh 'ya think?  Take a minute, google such breeders.  They are  quite happy
with the idea of paying $36 and voting "yes" to whites.  "The  light at the
end of the tunnel",  I believe was mentioned...And do I think  the
membership drive on the white club's  web page and in their  breed magazine is
coincidence???  No, not hardly. Some  members shrug and say, it's the DNA.
That's fine but do we now change  the standard to accommodate all DQs and
faults????  I mean, what the hell,  the DNA is the same.

I think the Board is trying to look at every way possible to  INCREASE
participation (and shock , not just in conformation , Guys) and  membership.
While the "Chicken Littles" are running around crying end of  the world and
sky is falling over Whites and Longcoats, they are missing  the freight
train barreling towards us in the form of AGING MEMBERSHIP vs  NEW COMERS.
Who will carry the torch in the next 20, 30, 40 years?  Or  have we all
(collectively speaking) become so narrow minded that all that  is important
is the here and now, and predominantly conformation  ?

Huh?  What is stopping owners of whites, coats, pandas, blues WHATEVER
from competing in performance venues now?  Nothing. Enjoy.  Good  luck.

Do you really think it's in the best interest of the club to disenfranchise
 current members?  You should take a look at who hasn't  renewed. (Again,
we are at 2700 members.)

So why are entries up at SV/WDA type events?  They haven't lowered the
bar, right?

If we don't try new things, our club will not  survive.     Period.
I look forward to seeing better  proposals from all the Chicken Littles ,
because with all the noise ,  surely you must have a laundry list
of them, and how YOU would run the  club?  No hurry, I'll wait.

Better proposals?  Here's one: How about inviting the membership to a
discussion over constant contact re the whole white thing. How about  polling
the membership? Again, over the Internet, cost little to nothing.

I think the current proposal was hasty and ill advised.  And don't  infer
please that the members had a chance to comment/participate/opine when the
BOG came out AFTER standard changes were sent to the AKC.
What we SHOULD do is discuss, poll, petition THEN send, if we get that far,
 send a standard change proposal to the AKC and THEN allow the  membership
to vote.

"Just  Sayin"

Kathy

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/