[ SHOWGSD-L ] Service dogs

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:41:49 EST

In a message dated 12/20/07 12:04:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
grnram415@xxxxxxx writes:
I  wonder.? Guide Dogs for the Blind may be phasing out the GSD.? But, other
agencies are looking at the breed for their clients.?

I have ben watching, (reading) this thread for a while now. We did years  ago
donate a male that was used in the breeding program and heard of him being
at one graduation for his pups, as a superstar.  They may well move away  from
the German shepherd, as have many police departments.  As Arnold says,  "I'll
be back."

They all seem to return after trying other breeds. It might be good for our
breed, were it not so popular that every owner of a German shepherd thinks to
breed Daisy to Spot and sell the puppies to their friends.

Anyone who has owned a shepherd, then worked into other breeds seems to be  a
good person to talk about the quality of the shepherd. No matter what anyone
does with this breed, it will be and does remain one of the five most popular
 breeds in this country. There is a good reason for that.

One of the reasons is sitting at my feet.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/