[ SHOWGSD-L ] Serious Image Problem

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 22:35:27 EDT

In a message dated 7/2/2009 6:36:41 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
DKARLOFF@xxxxxxx writes:
This is  why it is so important that we stop all the unnecessary  political

bickering and concentrate in addressing these important   issues.

We often get so involved that we lose sight of reality. While I agree  it
is always good to educate the public and the vets, but don't think we are the
 breed from hell.

We remain one of the top five breeds in popularity, as we have been for the
 past 20 years. Most people have a great story to tell about German
shepherd. I  have pictures throughout my office.  Almost every client has great
things  to say about German shepherds.

Most vets know the breed, and like them.

Our public image is good. We are the first dog thought of for protection
and family loyalty. They are the first dog people talk about as having as a
child. Our breed is admired over most others. Our club remains an example of
how  to protect a breed, and our national if often talked about when I am
meeting  with another breed.

Don't be so quick to say our breed is going to hell in a handbag.  It
isn't, and while it is good to always be vigilant to our problems, it is not
our
 biggest problem.  We have a good image, let's keep it that way.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
**************It's raining cats and dogs -- Come to PawNation, a place