[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Scams or not ??

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 19:53:56 EDT

Helen, go to www.petpac.net.   YOu will find that Bill Hemby of PetPac is
legitimate and is one of the biggest forces we have right now against the
horrible California bill.   He probably got your name from an AKC list of some
sort.
 PetPac and NAIA are the ones I'm donating to right now, even instead of my
own organization.   Their directors are listed on their website.   Bill Hemby
has been a legislation director of C.O.P.S. for about 20 years.   (California
Organization of Police and Sheriffs <http://www.cops.cc/>).

CFA (Cat Fanciers Association) just donated a LARGE sum of money to PetPac to
start some television spots against AB1634, and the campaign that PetPac is
running is with the cooperation of CFA, NAIA, our organization (CFODC) and
others. This campaign costs money, big money, and they are reaching.

I actually would hope that our PC would make a sizable donation to PetPac.

I think that PetPac's ultimate goal is to go nationwide, but they must win
and win big in AB1634, in order to gain the reputation that would be needed to
do that.

Stormy
In a message dated 7/6/07 4:15:21 PM, VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

> Other than my multitude of dogs magazines,and premium lists,I rarely  get
> any
> other type of dog mail.  Since I stopped breeding and closed  the kennel 9
> yrs ago,I get my requests regarding info by email or phone calls.  Today I
> got
> a so-called official letter from an outfit in  Sacramento,CA,called PetPac
> and signed by a Bill Hemby.  saying it represented a group of pet owners,
> breeders,cat and dog owners  that were fighting AB1634. The request was for
> money,of
> course, to help  fight the bill,. He gave no names of their BOD ,or ANY
> names
> ,other than  his own.So you people out in CA--is this legitimate,or a scam
> ,using the fact  that we are all against AB 1634,and are willing to help
> support
> a "cause". Is  there such a Group as PETPAC ?? Is it registered and
> legitimate.?? Also I wonder how he got my name.

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs
www.cfodconline.org