[ SHOWGSD-L ] Scams or not ??

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:59:39 EDT

Other than my multitude of dogs magazines,and premium lists,I rarely  get any
other type of dog mail.  Since I stopped breeding and closed  the kennel 9
yrs ago,I get my requests regarding info by email or phone calls.  Today I got
a so-called official letter from an outfit in  Sacramento,CA,called PetPac
and signed by a Bill Hemby.  saying it represented a group of pet owners,
breeders,cat and dog owners  that were fighting AB1634. The request was for
money,of
course, to help  fight the bill,. He gave no names of their BOD ,or ANY names
,other than  his own.So you people out in CA--is this legitimate,or a scam
,using the fact  that we are all against AB 1634,and are willing to help
support
a "cause". Is  there such a Group as PETPAC ?? Is it registered and
legitimate.?? Also I wonder how he got my name.
 My second piece of dog mail  was for "The Whole Dog  Journal",swearing that
there were many dog foods and kibble ,that are poisonous  for dogs and if I
would take the "Journal",I'd find out. I'd get the first 6  moths free Again
how
 did they get my name.?? . Anyone hear of this one ???