[ SHOWGSD-L ] Safeguard 10% suspension dosage

  • From: "LeAnne - EagleRockGSD" <eaglerockgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 10:53:37 -0700

I've finally decided to graduate from the Safeguard canine granules to the
Safeguard cattle 10% suspension liquid as I have a girl who will not eat the
granules no matter what it is mixed with.   I understand the dosage is 1cc per
5#, which makes an 80# dog require 16 cc's.    How awful does this stuff taste?
  Do most of you mix it with Dyne or something palatable to make it go down
easier or do you just squirt it with a syringe toward the back of their tonque
and hope they swallow it?  Of course I do plan to keep her mouth closed until
she does.  LOL
LeAnne
EagleRock German Shepherds - Lynden, WA
Visit our home on the web at http://www.eaglerockgsd.com