[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sad news Bob Williamson

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:58:07 EDT

It is with very deep sadness,that I  have to report the death of Bob
Williamson. Bob was to be honored at this year's National as a 50 year  member.
Terry
Hower had offered to drive him down to receive this Honor and see  everyone.
Bob was one of our early Presidents, serving the GSDCA for a  four year term.
Bob graduated from Harvard,practiced law,then became Dean at  Kent State
University,in Ohio. During these early years,he established Walsee
Kennels,breeding and finishing many German Shepherds,as well as Welsh  Corgis
Although he
served the GSDCA once, he again volunteered to be  Assistant to the
President(gratis) for four more years with President  Bill Collins.. When we
were in need
again, Bob consented to step in and  serve as President for two more years. I
was privileged to serve as his Vice  President. He was a man of deep  loyalty
to the breed and the club. The  membership  elected to have him judge our
National twice. Bob and I have  been close friends for 40 years. I talked to
him
just a week ago. He had  been feeling  badly for some time.  We talked of
former years,and  great times. He passed in his sleep last night at age 86
.Farewell Dear  Friend--Helen Miller Fisher