[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sad News - Sally Holcombe, Kovaya Kennels

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: BARBMARKH@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:55:17 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/2006 12:02:21 P.M. Central Standard Time,
BARBMARKH@xxxxxxx writes:
We are  very sad to report that Sally Holcombe of Kovaya Kennel fame, died
this  morning about 2:00 am in Nashville, Tenn.  She died of complications
from
bypass surgery.

Good Lord,I've known Sally since she was in her 20's  What a
shock,especially the reason for her death. So many of us,including myself have
had By-Pass
Heart surgery,.with great success. We've kept in touch  casually  through the
years,and it became easier with the computer and  emails. In fact I just
forwarded her a funny email about women that I had  received.She was very much
a dog
person,maybe appearing a little tough on the  outside,but very dog
knowledgeable with definite opinions. I can  remember--way back(  IN THE EARLY
YEARS)
when we were at a show in  Wisconsin,and she and I, with Harriet Schenkus (with
her dog AMOR) also  Lang Skarda,and Don Kille stayed up all night talking
dogs.. Does anybody do  that anymore?? Rest in peace,my friend. Helen Miller
Fisher