[ SHOWGSD-L ] Royal Canin/Puppy Food

  • From: "Robert George" <bruiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:35:11 -0700

Well what a response I have received in just a few hours.  So far
everyone has said that the Canin Maxi Puppy food is just to much for GSD
puppies and most take their puppies off "puppy" food somewhere between 4
and 8 months of age.

I use to do that with the "old" puppies foods, back before large breed
puppy foods were available.  I learned how the puppies would grow to
fast, putting extra stress on young bones and joints.  Learned about
Pano probably because of the older puppy foods.

But I thought all those problems were gone now that the "large breed"
puppy foods are available.  But from the replies to my question I am
thinking that I should go with an "adult" formula now.  She is currently
eating Pro Plan Puppy, Large breed Formula.  She seems to like it as she
doesn't come up for air until her dish is empty, but I think she would
be that way with most anything.

My other dogs eat Pro Plan Adult Original Chicken and Rice formula.
Maybe I should switch her to that, or I am wondering if I should switch
her to the Pro Plan Performance?  She is very active, always on the
move.  She is at a good weight now on the Puppy food.

Thanks for the replies,
-Bob George

Enchanted Vista
Home of: