[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Riverside, and other MSN proposals

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 03:22:23 GMT

The herding judge, on Sunday, at the GSDC of San Diego Herding Trial,
and I got into a bit of a debate on the Riverside proposal.  He is one of the
people fighting FOR it!!  He lives here, in Riverside County, and has Briards.
I couldn't believe him.  Me, in my usual tactful and diplomatic way, probably
insulted him, as he got up and walked away when he realized that I didn't see
it his way!!  How MSN would stop dogs from running around loose just doesn't
make any sense to me!  My main point was that we have had leash laws in effect
for at least the last 30-some years that I have lived here and I fail to see
them enforced.  He said that when they are enforced, people can't afford the
$150 to get their dogs back, therefore, he thinks it is better to make them
spay/neuter their dogs before they could get them back.   DUH????  I give up; I
have no patience for this.  I don't know HOW you and Stormy and others do it!!
I had NO idea that AKC judges would not only be supportive of these crazy laws,
but actually be involved in creating them!!  Oh, yeah, and he thinks that you
GSD  breeders inbreed too much.

Paula, 273 days and counting

From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Riverside, and other MSN proposals
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:30:01 -0500

Really great flyer for information booths and to give to legislators.
Permission to crosspost.
For those in areas contemplating MSN - especially in Riverside, CA,
pleaseaccess this link and share with others. We didn't write it - only put it
on our Legislative Website for easy access by everyone.
http://www.dpca.org/Legisltv/documents/MSN_Flyer.pdf

Dana Johnson
DPCA Legislative Director

Looking for insurance?  Click to compare and save big.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/PnY6rx9K5wkzMU0NJMnA8c9H0MqxqDm8XelAILmV9zWWmJpCKL1KG/