[ SHOWGSD-L ] Risky weather

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:11:27 -0400

Yet it always amazes me to hear announcements at shows in CA of dogs in cars
requiring their owners attention when it is 100+ degrees.  There are accidents
and stupidity.

Got to agree with that post.  When I was up at the North East Futurity this
year, it was so hot and humid, I chose to stay in the car with my dog for fear
of her having heat stroke.  That's why I missed 90% of the show.  I probably
got to see one half of a class, plus my bitches class.  That's it.......drove
up the night before and stayed at a motel, and that was all of my experience at
the show.  I ordered the DVD of the futurity and just watched the whole thing
today after being there and never getting to enjoy it.  My dogs health was more
important to me.  I just wasn't going to risk it.  I've had a dog suffer heat
stroke before (infact, at this very show ground)and it's not a pretty picture.
Best wishes,  Barbara Galasso