[ SHOWGSD-L ] Review

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:53:30 -0700 (PDT)

Well as I've stated before, I'm in favor of a bigger better REVIEW. I reviewed
alot of the  REVIEWS that I have collected over the past  5 years or so. Many
were good, some lacking in substance. On the  whole the ads were extremely well
done (They should be - most of you had a Pro do them). By the way if you are
going to advertise, always include an e-mail address or phne number, you may be
promoting your dog but your also promoting yourself, your handler and the
breeder.

Going through the ads I saw Asgard, Kaleef, Karizma, Rivendell, Sanbob,
Geran's, Sher-:o, Regency, Legend, Kridler, Sunrise, Sundance, Whiteside, Rio
del Sol, Subaja, Campaigner. Woodside, Lorien, Phil-Car and Darby-Dan. Plus
others. Big ads color and black and white.

Also saw handlers: Art  SInclair, Leslie Dancrosse, Lenny Brown, Scott  Yergin,
Kent Boyles, Liz Oster, Jerry  Guzman, J.R. Alcantara and of course James Moses.

Now in order to have more and better articles, you need more advertising. Plain
and  Simple!!

Advertiser want to know that an audiance is not only buying the magazine but
reading it.
1st thing I do upn receiving ny  REVIEW is go to the back inside page to see if
Dave or  Diane has written an article. Sorry  Diane,  Dave is my favorite, but
I do also enjoy yours.

Then I go to the Table of Contents, (did you ever notice IT MOVES) advertising
trick to get you to see more ads!! Works, doesn't it. Then I check out the
Articles - Health, Genetics, Events. etc. Now as I'm doing this, those  COLOR
ADS stand out. and some of those B/W's are outstanding (just not as eye
catching) except for a REVERSE AD.

Now there are 2 ways to promote advertising - more members or subscribers, or
better rates. Obviously at the present time we have to offer better rates

So for those of you who do advertise would 25% off entice you to buy 6 ads
during the  year. How about 50% off for a 12 month contrat (yeah I know 11
issues)

How about 10 % off for 3 ads/per year.

Now comes the  National and everyone wants an ad, some would like more than
their one page, maybe 2 -4 pages. the discount applies to those also.

Paula could show us a picture of Harley every month, with different pictures
and new listing of the  shows he has won. Did I just read he might go to
Kroft's; now that would be  a picture so is Westminster and Eukanuba

I also show an ad for the Minn Specialty that listed sponcering kennels, nice
way for breeders to get teir names out there.

Hum wonder how many copies of the NATIONAL EDITION could be sold to the owners
that own the GV,GVX and Selects. Leave a few at Specialty, Futurity and
Maturity for newbies to see, or local members that are not members of the PC.

Now if you are scepticle about advertising in a down market, think about the
great depression and a man that built an empire by advertising during the worse
economic times we have ever seen. WRIGLEY

Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
Member GSDCA
President Last Hope of  Georgia 501c3
"So Much to Do, So Little Time"