[ SHOWGSD-L ] $$ & Responses!! Re: Awards, Merits, etc...

  • From: Tari Kridler <chsweetsun@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:22:42 -0400

Thank you all for your postings about Awards & Merits.
It is quite obvious that we, as Breeders/ Exhibitors & Members of the GSDCA,
feel there are two very highest awarded merits, The GV/GVx title & ROM.  (AOE
should also be Right up there, too!)
         I have been blessed to have obtained two of these titles.
I also have noticed a problem within the system.   If you are not the listed
owner of the ROM dog, say because you have placed them as a pet or even a
breedable dog, *** Some of these dogs are older by the time they can achieve
this title*** and you sign the AKC paperwork OVER to the New OWNERS....AS THE
AKC REQUIRES- Taken DIRECTLY from the AKC Web site under Registration Rules:
 The buyer of an AKC-registerable dog should obtain the dog's AKC papers from
the seller at the same time the dog is purchased.
THis person that you have transferred the AKC paperwork is then entitled to the
ROM's award...even tho they may have had NOTHING to do with any part of the
breedings or obtaining that such award.
I ask you all,  How is it that this is Justified?
I feel, since the ROM title is all about Producing Dogs for the betterment of
the breed, the Breeders should be the ones obtaining that awarded plaques(Esp.
if the same breeder was that only one of all the Qualifier dogs listed and new
owner was not listed at all) and GV/GVx Trophys should be given to all those
that were listed on a dog that obtains that highest honor.  YES, it's going to
cost some extra $$, but this Club can certainly spend the money on things that
cost alot MORE.  Perhaps I am just an Unusual person to have experienced this,
but that means there really won't be much more as far as costs....

This is something that is coming from my Heart, I am sorry, but I am passionate
about this as I Love my dogs & Still Love showing the dogs.

Tari Kridler(who is Immensely Grateful to have Great People willing to share
My top Honors!)
Home of 1998 #1.Fut/Mat Dam Ch. Kridler's Sweet Sunshine, ROM & her son 2xSel.
Ch. Kridler's Quno & his daugheter 2003 GVx Ch.Kridler's Ruby
 http://www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com

AOL at AOL.com.