[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rescue updates....sorry...LONG but important

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 05:01:03 -0700 (PDT)

Good morning!
I have been very busy with finding fosters for all the GSDs that keep
appearing...so far, we have been fortunate enough to place 3 (A HUGE THANK YOU
TO THOSE WHO HELPED)....jarnee has pulled 2 more (one with OBVIOUS Schutzhund
capabilities) and I am having a dinner meeting with the director of Brightstar
GSD rescue tomorrow night who has offered to perhaps assist with finding foster
care for two more!
I am compiling my list of funding and animals helped and will be posting to da
list by the end of the week....This way, EVERYONE knows exactly what their
donations are going to! There is a sweet GSD named Gretchen in Walker County
(this place is a hell on earth for the animals...9 out of 10 are IP'd in this
place!) who was dumped with her lifepartner...a black lab. They cried to be
together and were so happy when some caring attendant finally did rejoin them!
Therefore, we are going to try and pull both...yes, I know...GSD RESCUE...but
how could you take away the only other thing that this poor girl has when she
has already lost so much?
Because of the nature of this situation,  I will be attempting to place them
with
Brightstar...they rescue ALL breeds, but focus on GSD's.
   I am also working on assisting USAP in their fight against the cruelty in
Walker County Georgia. There is documented evidence of animal abuse; live dogs
being put into trash bags and dumped in landfills still groaning in pain;
diluted IP injections, which caused a GSD in this hell hole to writhe in agony
for over 2 hours before dying...For you Georgia listers, PLEASE contact your
local politicians and demand this facility be held accountable! There are
records proving the dosages of the solution...tapes....and a journal which will
hopefully soon come to light. I spoke with a former employee of this facility
who could no longer watch the brutality and resigned. He is willing to make a
statement to this effect!!
I have been communicating with USAP for over a year now, and have had no reason
to ever believe that they would not totally investigate their sources before
comming to the forefront! They are a group who is dedicated to Animal shelter
REFORM; to hold every shelter accountable for the animals that they destroy or
place. As we know...the "shelters" very often are selling the euthanized dogs
and cats to the rendering plants, which might be a reason that they are so
loathe to release dogs to rescues or allow people in to photograph for
Petfinder sites. Not ALL of the facilities are unfriendly to rescue...but many
make it nearly impossible to pull from them. When a dog can fetch a price of up
to 300$ for a laboratory experiment, is it any stretch of the imagination that
these "shelters" are selling the ones no one steps up for TO them? I have
personally SPOKEN to an ACO who admitted that they still sell to the labs.
Their excuse? Not enough money in the budget to sustain the
 dogs that are in the shelter, so therefore, they HAVE to sell to the labs to
feed the adoptables.
This is a fate WORSE than death for these animals...sometimes only a few months
old! Another ACO was ousted when she put up a petfinder site and tried hard to
find rescue/adoption for her animals. The MAYOR of the town STOPPED her;
telling her that no one could go into the back to view the animals citing
insurance issues...She fought hard, but ultimatley was forced to resign shortly
after the first of the year...
Now, good news...Granpaw; the senior GSD that Katherine Heckman is fostering,
seemed to be feeling better last night. It could have been that he was
overwhelmed with his new playmate and just pushed himself too hard! Katherine
will be making him take rests in the future! lol...For those of you who are not
aware, Willow now has her own webpage and Katherine is beginning a Rescue in
her name...Willowsrest. This wonderful girl brings a smile to everyones face!
She LOVES kids...knows sit and stay...and has no aggression whatsoever. We
still dont know what happened to her precious babies...her tummy is still
sagging so badly. She was a stray; perhaps abandoned with her wee ones in the
woods; left to fend for herself. Looking into the eyes of this girl, I cannot
imagine what she might have endured.
There you have it...my update for the day. Sorry for the length...hopefully in
the future, I will be putting out some sort of a newsletter! Keep up the good
work guys! You ARE making a difference...one dog at a time!
For the animals....
Dawn Restuccia

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.