[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rescue insurance question

  • From: barbmarkh@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:51:15 -0500

I was wondering who people that do rescue or emergency pulls have insurance
with.? I know to be covered it has to be listed on the insurance policy.?? I
know that some of the club policies exclude rescue so are all the rescue groups
separate 501C's and have their own insurance policy?? And with who??? I was
reading that even during an emergency - like all the animals in Katrina - the
USDA (I think) requires all the groups that help to be insured.??

Thanks for the information

Barb