[ SHOWGSD-L ] Last Hope, Safe Haven updates....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:51:01 -0800 (PST)

  Spring is here, and between the winter pups who have outlived their cuteness
and the horrendous housing market crunch, LHSH has been inundated with GSDs in
critical need!
  Sargent is in need of a long term foster who is able to deal with his lack of
appreciation for the male of his species. Cora is a very young black and tan
girl who has had a tough start in life. She needs some positive reinforcement
obedience training to make her shine! These two will require an experienced
German Shepherd person. If you feel up to the task of changing a life forever,
please contact me.

  We received several applications for foster homes! Now begins the task of
matching the right dog to the right foster...We would like to thank all those
that offered a safe haven to these abandoned souls.

  In the "Happy Tails" department, Tehya and her pups arrived safely at Lilac
Grove Farm in Rye NH and Tehya has gone on to become the foster dog for a NH
police officer! We have already had interest in her and are keeping paws
crossed for the home of a lifetime for this sweet girl who had been so
callously thrown away with her 9 newborn pups. The puppy mob is happily tearing
around their pen at Debs, and there has been interest in them as well. Thank
you Threese Clark for your commitment to this family!!!

 Deb also received the  litter of FIVE
GSD pups from Tennessee (the German Jumping Beans)...who arrived fat and sassy
and ready to start their new lives. Hope, from Blue Ridge Georgia,  has left
behind the shelter that she  called home and is now being trained as a Service
Dog in South Carolina! Faith, (also from Georgia)  is at a vet clinic, where
the horrific infection in her ears will be treated. She bears evidence of an
imbedded collar and signs of abuse; but her spirit remains untainted. Cole was
snatched from the Bladen County gas chamber and is living the life of Riley at
Krista Hansens house in Elizabethtown NC. He is HW positive and will require
treatment before going to his forever home. We have a sponsor for Cody; the 9
year old GSD who was to be destroyed by his owner at Christmas. Left alone in
the back yard, cold and hungry, Cody had no idea what he had done to deserve
this. He is safe in Rescue now, and with his sponsors help will be enjoying
LOTS of toys!

  So many faces....so much hope. So many stories of survival against the odds;
and still.....they wag their tails and kiss our faces with warm, wet
tongues...these dogs we love so much reward us with their unconditional
devotion. Can we give them any less??

 Without your continued support, these dogs lives would have had a much
different ending. Their worlds are forever changed; as are ours in knowing them.
From the members of Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc. and Faith, Hope, Tehya, Max,
Cole, Cody, The German Jumping Beans, Tehya's 9 babies, Gabby, Cora, Sargent,
and all those who sit silently in the shelters waiting....
Our deepest gratitude.
Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Lasthopesafehaven.com

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.