[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rescue Joys (Helen Franklin)

  • From: Sheryl Scott <sherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 06:18:57 -0800 (PST)

I just did rescue a cat! On the way home, I caught a glimpse of something
running along side the country road in the dark and it didn't look like a wild
animal so I stopped to see what it was, of course! It was a cat! He came right
up to me like a he was dog so I let him in my car and he was obviously very
hungry and I had been to the store and had some cat food for my other cat so I
opened up the bag of food and put him some out on the ground away from road and
proceeded to drive away. He wanted to follow me just like he was a dog! I went
on home and thought about him all night and all the next day and felt guilty
for driving away. So, on my way home from work the next day, I drove to the
spot where I left the cat and stopped and started calling, kitty, kitty, kitty!
Here he came running just as fast as his little short, stubby legs could carry
him! He was in the same area where I left him!! I put him in my car again and
checked with a local homeowner who said the cat showed
  up as a
 stray so I took him home with me and that's where he's staying! He's a very
lovable guy! I think he was destined to be with me! He's there on the porch
everyday and comes out to greet me when I get home!
Sheryl
Helen <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Out in the boxes behind where I worked lived a grown cat. She was thin and
sad looking so I began feeding her (Science Diet of course). After feeding
her for about 2 months my employer forbid me to continue. He did not want
to share ANY of my time. Cutting to the chase, I captured her and brought
her home. Evidently, when I was sick with the flu, a bufferin had fallen to
the floor and was under the bed...where she lived. She ate the pill and
$950.00 later, we managed to save her. Ah, the joys of rescue.
P.S. Happy ending though, she now sleeps on top of the bed curled up on me.
Helen Franklin
POST is Copyrighted 2004. All material remains the property of the original