[ SHOWGSD-L ] Remembering!

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 12:18:32 -0700

As we celebrate this Memorial Day, with our usual fare of family,
friends and food, I was thinking of the history of our planet and the
great grace we enjoy in our day and in our land. It has not always
been that people were surrounded by family and friends.  The bounty of
our land is a tribute to those we honor as having fought and died for
our safety and our enjoyment of life.

Much of human history is filled with the stories of times when there
were no warriors to fight and the vacuum of power left social control
open to despots, dictators and evil men. Without the warrior who draws
the line against evil, society is always one shot away from the
enslavement of the passive, the control of the fearful and the loss of
freedom because of those who are always lurking in the darkness,
waiting for a time of advantage.

May we never forget that evil does in fact exist and that without
vigilance to see it, our relativistic laziness will doom us to the
loss of the freedom we enjoy. May we never do less than honor and
esteem those warriors, past and present, who rise to the occasion and
do the necessary task of watering the tree of freedom with the blood
of tyrants and evil men, and who, in the course of their heroic
challenge, water the seeds of freedom with their own.

God bless America and God bless our Warriors.
Dave