[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Really...Most Show People are NOT THE PROBlem- Was : Who's ...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: CHSweetSun@xxxxxxx, Lawmanshepherds@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:31:41 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/2007 10:16:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chsweetsun@xxxxxxx writes:
What we  need is the AKC-or some governing agency- to step up to plate and
MONITOR  these BYB MUCH more carefully.  I hate to say it..but I also feel that

there should be a Breed Warden.

Back in February I did a web search for locally available GSD puppies  and
came up w/ a bunch pf BYBs; one gal had 8 litters at various  stages (!!!!) and
how she got there was when someone couldn't afford her  price, she sold a
bitch puppy for litters back and well, over time.....you get  the idea.
Another I
knew had been suspended by the AKC and then our  regional club would get the
calls when local folks couldn't register their  puppies...too late don't 'ya
think....grrrrrr.....

Anywhoooo.... I sat down, started writing and put the following on my web
site:

_http://www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds/puppyquestions.html_
(http://www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds/puppyquestions.html)

Now, keep in mind this is written with a nod to the companion buyer and I
did put a dose of humor in. (You know, to address the "how big/how  much do the
parents weigh/do you have black and silver...they have softer coats"  ?????
calls.)

I have no puppies, but I left it up.  I've gotten more than a few  thankful
e-mails!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds