[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Re TC and Evaluators

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: DstnGSD1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:56:23 -0400

Maybe the evaluator process needs to be evaluated.  In this economy, people
who could be excellent candidates and have the background in our Breed and
other breeds, regarding temperament and training, cannot afford the time and
cost to pursue making it official.
Maybe it would be less expensive to have the current Evaluators hold extensive
seminars, in the areas most needed.  The top candidates would then be required
to participate in X-number of Temperament tests, such as a provisional judge.
If they pass, they continue on.  If not, then back to the drawing board.  I'm
sure the logistics would need to be worked out.

OK, say I was interested in CA.  So, the PC brings in an Evaluator to CA to
work with those interested.  Candidates pay a workshop fee to attend the
seminar which offsets the cost of bringing in the Evaluator and requires no
major travel for the candidates.  They do training sessions and hold mock
Temperament tests.  The top 2-3 candidates are then invited to participated in
a minimum of 2 TT.  They would control the tests, with the Evaluator judging
them and giving a final score.  The acceptable score to be determined by the
active Evaluators.  If they meet the requirements, they would be certified
Evaluators.  Why couldn't that work?

Just some thoughts.

Laura