[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : Re: Okay what is a Bi-color

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 19:39:06 -0700

And another opinion ?
My 7-year-old bitch is a bi-color, out of a black dam by a bi-color sire.
She¹s registered as a black because at the time of registration, she was
solid black. As she matured, however, she got bleed-through tan on the
fronts of her feet, although the back of her hocks is solid black. She has
tan around her anus. Otherwise, she is solid black. If you part her hair
down to the skin, however, you¹ll find a sprinkling of short, white hair ?
too short to show. The undercoat is dark grey to black, but there¹s a
sprinkling of short white hair ? less than 1/2 the length of the guard hair.

Fran Henry