[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : Re: Okay what is a Bi-color

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 16:06:17 EST

In a message dated 1/6/2008 3:54:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
Just  another opinion on Bi Colors, I had a number of those  also.  They  are
usually 80-90 percent black with very little tan on  head,usually  just the
eyebrows. Black penciling on their toes, Tan on all 4  legs,  about a third
to 1/2
way up the leg. Gray undercoat.My Ch.  Meadowmill's  Legend,had no white on
chest ,but his litter sister,Ch.  Meadowmill's Lola,  had a white spot about
the
size of a dime on the  chest. She also had ,in  addition to the tan on her
legs
, had tan  hair around the anal area,while her  brother didn't. Both
registered
as Bi- Colors. Sire was Ch. Kubistrums  Kane,who was pretty dark  himself.
Legend finished  at 13 mos,went on to do  Group and BIS  winnings Lola took a
little longer,but finished her last 3  pts by  winning a large group under
Lang
Skarda. Like today.some  judges   didn't like the Bi's,but you just didn't
show
under  those. Helen Miller  Fisher

I always listen when Helen speaks......

I forgot about the black penciling on their toes, that is true.

I have never seen that gray undercoat that you mentioned.  I have seen  quite
a few bi-colors, and owned 2 myself, and they were black, with tan, almost
red or rust, on their legs, mainly the hocks and barely the  pasterns. As I was
taught, any other color other than that black  and small tan, and they are no
longer bi-colors.  Of course the difference  in the tan has to do with
pigment, not color.  There is a difference  there.  And a whole other
discussion <G>.

Ileana