[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re.: OVC vs OFA

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 08:08:06 -0500

On this subject, I learned many years ago two things about OFA that gives me the
"political" ways of doing things is their forte.
#1 I understand, at least back then they did, change the (inspectors or what
ever
     they call the folks who check the X-rays) every six months.    So, there's
that
     change in the inspection, it's seen by different people altogether in the
second
     submission.
#2 They tend to pass X-rays more from Vets who send a lot of X-rays in to them.
     This one was tested by other locals besides myself years ago and it did
seem
     to ring true for us.  Oh, we've tried all kinds of tests due to the
difference they
     made between the Vet's opinion of your pics.  Seriously, many Vets will not
     submit a pic if it looks iffy -- saving the person time and money and the
final
     no no report.
I have only heard of OVC from this wonderful group.  Since I've not bred in
quite
a few years and didn't realize there was another outfit doing this that was
acceptable
to AKC and/or the PC for this important check up.      Norma no L