[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rainbow Bridge thoughts

  • From: "debby" <debby@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:36:41 -0800

Rachel, thank you for sharing that beautiful poem when I needed it most.

My heart goes out to you and all on the list who have lost loved ones, both
furry and
human companions.  My sincere sympathies to all of you, especially to Butch
Fisher's
family.  May your happy memories bring you comfort and peace.

We too have recently lost a cherished friend, our first champion (owner
handled), our
beautiful boy Gunner.  On Monday night, we lost Am. Ch./Int. Ch. Kenlyn's
Winchester v
Pleasant Hill OFA to bloat.  He went so fast, almost without warning.  Once we
realized
what was happening we were able to get him to the vet clinic, but he couldn't
handle
the anesthesia and they lost him before they could even start the surgery.
They said
they tried to revive him for fifteen minutes with no response.  Bless their
hearts.  They
knew how much we loved him, and they were willing to try anything to save him.
guess I have to be thankful that it happened quickly, so he only had to suffer
a short
while.

Gunner was only 5 1/2 years old.  His death seems soooo unfair and senseless,
and
it's so hard for me *not* to say the could've, would've, should'ves.  We
weren't done
having fun yet.  My husband Brent had plans for doing obedience with him, and I
was
looking forward to bringing him out again for breed competition and veteran's
class.
Gunner was in the prime of his life and looked awesome!  He taught us many
things -
mainly to work hard and play hard and get lots of rest so you can do it again
the next
day.

Unwillingly, we have to add Gunner's name to our list waiting at the Rainbow
Bridge.
In memory, he will always walk with us.

Thanks for listening,

Debby and Brent Jass
Prairiehaus Companions
Odin, MN
Owned by Lexi and Annie
ATB:  Gunner, Sonny Boy, Lacey, Mittz-Zee, Mandy, and Sheena

P.S.  Our thoughts and prayers also go out to our special friends in the GSDC
of MPLS/
SP whose lives have been affected by the 35W bridge collapse.