[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rainbow Bridge thoughts

  • From: "Rachel Anderson" <gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:01:36 -0400

We often share the passing of our beloved companions, this spring was hard
for us. We had our 4 old dogs, ages 11-13 1/2, our 5 yr old "I
wanna-be-a-malinois" motion machine, our 3 year old monster-mutt-marmaduke
and our little Rat Terrier...so we were preparing ourselves that the
inevitable would be happening with the old guys...one by one, we
assumed..leaving us with "just the kids" ...but we've lost 3 this spring and
one of them was our 5 year old, Nick, from an auto-immune disorder that took
him from us in less than 72 hours.

So I'd like to honor them, my puppies from my puppies from my first dogs.
with the following poem, that I hope can comfort all of us who've raised our
dogs from loveable pups to beloved adult..
To you Zeru, who never had babies, but loved all kinds and was a great
outfielder for our baseball games...age 12, April 2007
To you, Nick, brave, loyal, intense, vigorous...you left us so soon...age 5.
June 2007
To you, Apollos, who lived life well, bravely and always your own way...age
11 3/4 Just 3 days ago

To my other dog friends who have left us, we remember every one of you, and
to my dear Tieger, 13 1/2 and Cegen, 11 ..don't go just yet:

"You Walked With Me, by Gayl Jokiel ~"

"You walked with me in Springtime,
Puppy-clumsy, running free.
As you grew, we grew together...
You became a part of me.
Because I shared with you my sorrows,
You not understanding--
simply there.
Often spurring me to laughter...
My friend, you know how much I care.
Because the years have slowed your fleetness,
Though your spirit still is strong,
I promise I will take more time now, so that you can go along.
Because you do not fear the future,
Living only in the now,  I draw strength from your example--
Yet time keeps slipping by somehow.
The day will soon be coming
When you no longer
rise to greet me -