[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rainbow Bridge

  • From: Henry Rodrique <hockey90@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 5:52:19 -0600

With a heavy heart I am sorry to share the passing of Topspin's Rip The Return
"Boo". Last night at 7:45pm I discovered that Boo was a bit uneasy....abdomen
slightly distended, rapid heart beat and he had tried to vomit numerous times.
4 years ago Boo suffered a spleen torsion that was followed by a small bowel
intusseption.  He was a fighter and made it through all of that like a champ.
For the last 4 years he was living a great life.  After x-rays showed his
intestine had really enlarged they went in to find that bowel tissue was in bad
shape.  Dave & Wally gave me 50/50 odds that Boo could possibly pull through on
heavy antibiotics if teh tissue started to recover but said we would know for
sure in 24hrs.  There was nothing they could have done surgically to the bowel.
 All other tissue and organs were in good shape.  Since he has always been a
fighter I said let's try. I left the vet office around 11pm.  At 5:40 am this
morning Wally called me to say he had just passed,
  probably due to the tissue being too far gone or throwing a clot.  In a way,
I am glad Boo made made the decision.  At least he is at peace and with his
grandmom Mariah and brother Teddy at the Rainbow Bridge.  Hug your dogs!
Henry

Henry
Shepherd Haven
Topspin German Shepherds
Proud of CH. Autumn Kings Someday Mariah's ROM (Class of 2002)